Ok, so it’s not Thanksgiving yet, and I’m not rushing the holidays (although I love Christmas and I’m one of those idiots that gets insanely giddy seeing Christmas decor in September). A friend on Facebook posted her status commenting about other statuses being negative and people should focus on the positive. I felt this urge to complete # 22 on my list: Write a list of 10 things I’m thankful for and hang it up on my refrigerator and cubicle to remind me how lucky I am
(1) My husband Eddie – he’s the best person (and possibly the funniest) I know. **Love you babes**
(2) My family – I’d be lost without all of you, and not to sound cliché, but we put the ‘fun’ in dysFUNctional
(3) My mom – even though she did not see me grow up, I know she’d be proud of me and I do my best to live my life for her too
(4) My little furbabies – Mario and Mia
(5) My home (or my sanctuary)
(6) My friends – especially Val & Megan. These two have been through thick and thin with me and I love them dearly!
(7) All of my experiences in life so far – no matter how great or how terrible, they have shaped me into the person I am today. I must say I’m quite proud of myself
(8) Alone time – as silly as this may sound, there’s nothing like some down time to think about what’s going on, be thankful for what I have, etc.
(9) My childhood – although not typical, I couldn’t have asked for a better upbringing. (Extra special thanks to my Grandmom & Aunt Kelly for being awesome female influences and helping steer me in the right direction)
(10) My DVR – yes, I had to put one ‘material’ item here. The idea of watching commercials seems so foreign to me now.